Adjusting The Gates


How do we know when it's time to open, close, jar or remove the barrier between ourselves and an unknown venue?
Often we leave no room for entry because we're afraid of what lies outside of the "norm". I for one think it's ok to be defensive, Ok to be cautious, Ok to be leary.

But, if I leave the gate up, am I closing out opportunities? Who needs to get in when you're not allowing it? Is it safe to conclude that, everything is as it should be and nothing can or will go wrong? You can't finalize what you do not know. You can't accept what you can not see. Many have told me that I'm too cautious, I want to open up a bit. I want to be included in the fun and experience of something new. But I have to look out for me. I have to decide for me. You have to know or suspect that, when you have no knowledge of a person place or thing, proceeding with caution is warranted.




There's no need to accept that someone else says, you can do it. Take your time. It's your present life, your past experiences and your future advances or regrets that are at stake. I value who I am today.
Decisions Decisions. I want to jump in there and get out there, find and share new memories. But I'm just too damn cautious. The world and it's dwellers have changed. Beliefs have changed. Concerns and Consequences have all changed. I will continue to watch my step. It's my life!

I really felt the need to disambiguate my actions to some that challenge or disagree with my being overly cautious.

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Miss Your Stop!

Yearn