**WHOOPS... IF PROFANITY OFFENDS YOU

*Not your typical blogspot? I'm not your typical girl!

** At times my dialogue can be offensively direct. Although it is not my intent to pique you, I apologize to anyone that consumes literal litter that is beneath their preferred taste. Whether my posts are good or bad, if I'm learning or have learned from them, I'm enhancing to some degree.

Where Is It

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Label me a Cougar



Significant age disparity in sexual relationships has been and remains a feature of couples in many cultures and societies. The most common pattern in heterosexual couples is an older man with a younger woman. This may be brought about as an arranged marriage, or either member may pursue and initiate the relationship. Relationships involving a younger male and an older female also exist, and while not as common, have become considerably more common in recent years.

The term alphamegamia can be used when a person is sexually aroused by partners of a different age group, and "chronophilia" can describe a sexual fixation on members of a different age group.

Cougar refers to an older woman, usually in her 40's who sexually pursues younger men in their 20's or early 30's. Term used by TV comedies 30 Rock and How I Met Your Mother (episode "Aldrin Justice"), the movie Ocean's Thirteen, and the NBC reality TV show Age of Love. The 2007 film Cougar Club was dedicated to the subject - its plot was about two males creating a club where parties are thrown where male members get the chance to meet and have sexual encounters with "cougars".

Hmmmm, I haven't purrrrr-sued any one. However, I didn't growl scratch or pounce in defense toward advances initiated by "junior achievers" either. Well sweep out my cage and wipe me down, Cause I'm On...