**WHOOPS... IF PROFANITY OFFENDS YOU

*Not your typical blogspot? I'm not your typical girl!

** At times my dialogue can be offensively direct. Although it is not my intent to pique you, I apologize to anyone that consumes literal litter that is beneath their preferred taste. Whether my posts are good or bad, if I'm learning or have learned from them, I'm enhancing to some degree.

Where Is It

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dear Dana


Wow D, I write this letter in tears for you. I sometimes wonder what I'd be doing or where I'd ended up had you not came along when I was 17 years old and thinking I ruled the streets of Chicago. You in so many ways and words pleaded with me to change my ways and be your girl. I did just that.

Well 28 years later, I've long since not been your girl; however it never changed the connection we have beyond our children. When I saw you a few years ago, as we celebrated with our entire immediate family and grand kids in the park for 8 hours; laughing, eating, playing and reminiscing, I recall the way you smiled every time you looked at me and said, "you really look good girl, aging very well." I said thank you in my flip lil way. Blushing and flaunting as I do.(smirk) Now I'm holding back the tears. I thought until today that you were battling lung cancer, it saddened me to steeper heights to hear it is brain cancer. (tear)...


Either and any form is intrusive and harsh. I wish you much comfort thru your recovery. I hope you received my correspondence. You know I'm good at talking and spending a few lines on paper. Like E.F. Hutton, everyone listened as I spoke(chuckle)... I talked and bitched so much and all you'd say was, "quack quack quack". Never violent, never giving up. I know you loved me. I thank you immensely for that.


Dana, the only thing I don't recall ever telling you is that I love you. I didn't know love as I do now. I didn't appreciate then as I do now. If I didn't tell you then, I'll tell you now(tear)...


I love you Dana, get well soon.