The Ultimate Transfer

There's gotta be another way there.

For about 6 years now, I've been trying to get to a higher, happier, healthier destination. Yet I've relied on the same mode of transportation. A similar vehicle per Se to replace another and although I gain some knowledge of where I'm headed, I consistently arrive at the same hazardous familiar avenue. 
It's like I've been waiting on a train in a station that's long since been condemned. The train is never coming, I'm taking the wrong approach. Sitting here year after year hoping just one day the road will open and I can finally board.

As I gather my "things" to move on, I'm not bitter. I grasp mental notes and occurrences of passer by's and things I've seen, shared and allowed to exist while I sat. A waste of time yes to some degree, but the quality of the time spent was frequently warm and welcoming. Disguising itself as valuable.





Almost as if I were destined to sit there to wait, learn and find "stuff" to grow on so that I may go on.


The single most lesson I learned was to pay attention to the signs. Just because the doors are open, doesn't necessarily mean the "place" is fully functional.

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Miss Your Stop!

Yearn