Challenging Myself

It's all coming together. With each new day, I discover a new me.
I read something to this effect just yesterday, I'm paraphrasing, but it went... If you want to be better you have to want to change more than you want to stay the same.

That was exactly what else I needed to see, to apply to my challenge. The more I make positive changes, the more it pays off.

I need to work on my profanity and becoming easily angered. Being as quick as I am to call someone a bitch, needs to stop. I also call women Lassie during an altercation or disagreement. So even when I'm alone, I've decided that I will replace that piece of profanity with the well known female dog's name instead. It's the same thing. So it works for me. I'm going to try really hard to replace it. And eventually eliminate the outbursts all together.

I had one of the best yesterdays. Everyone I encountered was friendly and personable. Things that were scheduled, were met. And the winning situation of the day goes to some very nice, patient gentleman that happened to approach me in the customer service line at the grocery store. He was behind me and there were several people in front of me. As we conversed, there was eye contact and smiles and just full engagement. But I remembered that I needed something else but didn't want to leave the line. He said, "Go ahead." "And when you come back, you can have your spot in front of me."

I accepted the offer and actually sprinted to the back of the store to retrieve the item. When I returned, the line was empty with the exception of him, leaning against the counter. As I got closer, I was puzzled... Out of breath from my item journey; I said, "Hey thank you,... did you get taken care of?" He shook his head no, "I told you I'd hold your spot so you can go before me. I have lots of patience." I smiled and said, "I see! Thank You!" There was literally no one there in line. He could have very well completed his transaction and left, but didn't. I assume he felt that, had the line became congested again, he'd still be acknowledged as being there before them and allowing me to go ahead of him in lieu of getting at the end of yet another long line.

My point and bottom line is, Pay close attention to yourself and fix the broken pieces. Don't be in such a hurry to move ahead. And be kind and patient with one another.

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Miss Your Stop!

Yearn